- Open the pdf file and scroll down to the text you want to copy, so it's in the middle of your computer screen.
- Take a copy of what's on screen using the PrintScreen key, PRTSC.
- Paste this into a Word file.
- Save the Word file as a web page (not single file web page).
- Go to an online OCR (optical character recognition) site, such as http://www.onlineocr.net/
- Upload to the OCR site the image from the files folder you created in Step 4.
- Tell OCR to do its stuff.
- Select and copy the result into Word.
- Correct any errors - OCR isn't perfect yet.
- Pat yourself on the head, have a beer and accept that some nerd is going to call you a moron for not knowing a simpler way, but don't give a toss because this works.
Saturday, 15 December 2012
How to copy a paragraph or two from protected pdf files into Word
Posted by Douglas Blane at 10:08